Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Cream Cheese
Serves 2 in my house :)
Sorry for the picture quality, we were starving!
8 slices Prosciutto
1 pound Raw asparagus, rinsed and dried
8 oz cream cheese
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay out two sheets of prosciutto side by side on a paper towel.
3. Microwave approx 8 oz of cream cheese. I use Philadelphia. Because it's awesome.
4. Mix the nutmeg with the cream cheese, along with salt/pepper to taste.
5. Shmear (love that word!) 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on half of the prosciutto.
6. Lay a bunch of asparagus (6 - 8 stems) lengthwise along the end of the prosciutto where you shmeared the cream cheese.
7. Roll up the asparagus in the prosciutto and lay on a greased cookie sheet with the loose end of the prosciutto slices down to begin with (aluminum foil would work well too, and help with clean up!)
8. Repeat the shmearing and rolling procedure 3 more times to use up all ingredients.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, rotating each bunch halfway through the cooking time.